Donating to charity is easy. We all love to do it because it gives us an opportunity to help the less fortunate and support the causes that we believe in. The hard part, however, is to find the donate car Green Bay charity that we feel would be most worthy of our donation. There are a few standard things to look for:
- A charity should be 501(c)3 registered, which indicates its charitable status and means you can deduct the value of the donation from your taxable income.
- A donate car Green Bay charity should be efficient, meaning at least 80% of the money they obtain through donations will go directly to the benefit of their service users.
But even with that, there might still be still several charities to choose from. Hopefully, the following will help you to choose the one that is right for you.
Choosing a Donate Car Green Bay Charity
There are three main categories of charities, based on what they support:
- The environment
This is a good starting point when choosing a particular charity. If you pick the environment, you simply choose a specific environmental cause that you care about and find a charity that matches that. If you pick animals, then you can focus on the type of animal you care about, and there will be a charity to match. But if you choose people, then there are many other possibilities and options that you must consider, too.
Charities Helping People
Charities that help people can further be divided into many subcategories, including:
- The elderly
- The young
- The sick (with a focus on particular illnesses)
- The disabled (with a focus on particular disabilities)
- Victims of certain crimes
- Victims of certain disasters
- And more
You then also have to determine whether you want to help people locally, nationally, or internationally. Essentially, what you have to try and do is narrow down things by your personal preference. A charity like Rawhide, whose website is available by visiting www.Rawhide.org, for instance, focuses on at-risk young people and their families in the Green Bay area and takes a Christian-centered approach for that. As you can see, that is a very specific type of charity, which may just be exactly what you were looking for.