If you have a boat that you no longer want or need, you may be wondering how best to get rid of it. While you could take the time to try to sell your boat, you may find it easier to donate it to a charity in need.
Choosing the Best Boat Donation Program
While there are many worthwhile charities out there, you have to be careful about which one you choose to donate to. Keep the following in mind as you choose which boat donation program Wisconsin to donate to.
- Make sure that the charity you choose is a legit charity. This means that you should be able to find plenty of information about it. You should also be able to contact the charity, and that charity should be more than happy to provide you with any necessary information. If the charity is not forthcoming with information, you should be wary.
- Find out how much the charity of your choosing uses the proceeds from your donation toward its actual programs. A majority of the proceeds should be used for the programs, rather than administrative costs. For example, Rawhide uses 83% of its donations for its youth programs, and only 10% for administration and management costs.
- Choose a charity that means something to you. While this may not seem as important, you will likely feel even better about your deed knowing that you helped a cause you care about.
- If you are looking to get a tax deduction from your donation, be sure to choose a charity that is 501 (c)(3) certified. If you do not, you will still be helping a charity in need, but you may not be financially rewarded for it.
- If you do not have the means to transport the boat to the charity itself, choose a charity that allows you to arrange for a free pickup of your boat.
The most difficult part of the donation process should be choosing the best charity to donate to. If you choose the right charity, the actual donation process should be a breeze. If you are unsure as to where to begin your search, start here.