Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Donors Always Ask "Where Is The Best Place To Donate My Car Madison"?

I had a car that I didn't use anymore. It was standing on my driveway collecting dust and rust and I had to get rid of it. I decided to give something back to my community at the same time by donating it to charity. However, this led me to the question of where the best place to donate my car Madison is that residents can go to. After a little bit of research, however, I found it: Rawhide. Let's go through the research process that I did.

The Tax Issue

First of all, I was aware that I would be able to deduct the value of my charitable donation from my taxable income at the end of the year. However, this would only possible if the charity is 501(c)3 registered. I checked with the IRS and found that Rawhide was indeed 501(c)3 registered, so that was a good start.

The Efficiency Issue

Secondly, I wanted to make sure that most of the money the charity would be able to raise would actually go towards helping the service users themselves. This is known as "efficiency" and is expressed in percentage. That percentage tells you how many cents out of every dollar collected will go directly towards assisting the service user. Checking Rawhide's website, I found a self-reported efficiency of around 82%. However, checking Charity Navigator's website, an independent overseeing organization, I found it was even higher, at around 92%. Things were getting even better.

Rawhide as the Best Place to Donate My Car Madison Donors Can Depend On

With two for two, I did a few more checks. The first was that I was assured that I will be working with Rawhide directly, and not with a middleman who would keep most of the proceeds for themselves in return for advertising for the charity. The second was the charity's impact. Rawhide is an amazing charity that works with at risk young people and their families. Through therapeutic support, they encourage these families to build strong units, and they help these young people to turn their lives around, becoming more productive members of society as they grow up into adults. I knew that my money would be put to excellent use, therefore, and that I would even benefit from it indirectly myself, being a part of that same community.

No comments:

Post a Comment