Tuesday, November 18, 2014

When You Donate A Vehicle Green Bay Charities Can Help You With The Process

Donating a car to charity in Green Bay is a great way to provide help to people who are truly in need. To make things easy for those who want to donate a vehicle Green Bay charities can help make the administrative side of this much easier. Let's take a look at the details provided by donate a vehicle Green Bay charities on how to make the process easier for you. Hopefully, this will encourage you to make a vehicle donation yourself.

Your Title Deed

The main thing you need to be aware of when donating a car is the legality of your title deed. When you make a vehicle donation to a charity like Rawhide, with online site at http://www.rawhide.org/, for instance, you will need to complete the title deed properly. The charity will explain to you exactly which sections you need to fill in. Make sure you do this correctly, since a mistake could mean that you will continue to be liable for the vehicle should anything happen to it.

The Documentation Needed to Make Vehicle Donations

The exact documentation you need in order to donate a car depends on a state by state basis, and in Wisconsin, what is needed is the completion of the title transfer and the cancellation of the registration. It will also require the completion of the form for notice of transfer/release of liability. For more information, you can check with the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.

What If the Car Is Not in Your Name?

When you donate your car, it doesn't have to be registered in your name. Indeed, the registration documents and title deeds often have different names on. However, you do need to speak to your chosen charity about what they will require from you if such is the case.

How to Find Out If Your Title Is Clear and Transferable

Make sure that the title deed is in your name. There should be no errors or cross outs on the deed. If there are any liens on it, you will not be able to make a vehicle donation until the lien is released. You will then be given title instruction that show you how you can sign as a seller.

What If Your Name Has Changed?

If you got married, or there is any other reason as to why your name has changed since the title was released to you, you will need to sign it using the name that is indicated on the deed. If you do not do this, you will void the title. In which case, you will need to apply for a correction form.

There are various other legalities that you may have to deal with. For instance, a Rawhide vehicle donation may be done with vehicles that belonged to people who are already deceased. In such a case, you will need to speak to your chosen charity to find out how you would be able to donate a car that has any issues with the title deed. Do not let this put you off, however, as making a donation is very easy, even in irregular cases.

No comments:

Post a Comment