If you want to donate a boat in Wisconsin, you will be happy to know that the entire process is relatively easy. The exact steps and procedures will vary depending on which boat donation charity you decide to work with, but they do tend to follow similar steps, being those described below. Because charities rely on the generosity of people like you, they have ensured the process is as easy as possible.
In Making a Boat Donation Wisconsin Donors Can Follow Certain Steps
When it comes to boat donations Wisconsin charities have made the process very straightforward:
1. Find the contact details for your charity, as well as its website. The organization should have an online form that you can accomplish to make the donation.
2. Enter all the necessary details on the form, such as the make, model, and year of your boat, its length, its mechanical and aesthetic condition, which name is on the title document, whether it has a trailer, and where it is located. Good boat donations Wisconsin charities will pick the boat up for you, so location details are particularly important.
3. Send photographs of the boat to your chosen charity, after which they will be able to confirm whether or not they can accept it.
4. Wait for your charity to confirm which tow truck will be able to pick the boat up, and when.
5. Before you make your boat donation Wisconsin charities recommend that you make sure all personal belongings have been removed from the boat.
6. Tell the marina or the yard where the boat is stored that a charity will be coming to pick it up. Charities like the one featured at http://www.rawhide.org will always clearly identify themselves when they pick up your donation.
7. Wait for your tax receipt to arrive that indicates the sale price or value of the boat, which you can deduct from your taxable income. This is in place of the 1098-c IRS tax form.
8. Find out from the charitable organization what they have done with the money raised from the donation if you want to.
9. Complete your tax return at the end of the year.
10. Enjoy the fact that your generosity helped you out as well.